Le 04/02/2016 13:21, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
On 04-02-16 13:09, Henrik Johansen wrote:
Also, the ancestry of all packages in Pharo Core was truncated a few
years back, which also screwed up merging*.
I don't think anyone looked into why it happened.

My experiment in creating one file for a whole project would be a
suitable starting point for fixing that.

Yes. I think we need a MC version history recreation / garbage collect. Something that removes dead versions and compress history to make MC merge work correctly.

(unless you move to git on metadataless mode and back...).

Thierry

Stephan