      From: Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com>
 To: Pharo Development List <pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org>
Cc: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-us...@lists.pharo.org>
 Sent: Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:37 AM
 Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] Call about Numerical Methods in Pharo :)

frankly all this zealot mails do not have any sense.

first, SciSmalltalk is a project made fundamentally by Serge, and is Serge who
has pointed he wants a change of name for something sexier… what is the
problem?
second, by discussing a nonsense (because is subjective and everybody has a
different opinion) you are highjacking the real purpose of this mail: a call to
the community to improve the numerical methods support in Pharo.

So, please, can we stay cool and go back to discuss what is really important?

cheers,
Esteban

> On 02 Mar 2016, at 14:33, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi guys
>
> I met Didier Besset and we had a great hacking session and discussions with
> Serge Stinckwich.
> Didier would like to help Pharo and the numerical part of it. ***Big
> thanks*** Didier.
>
> We would like to do several things:
>
>    - Work on "Hows to"
>      The numerical methods in Pharo is good but the gap between us and the
>math is too large :)
>    so the idea is to have a series of "how to ..."
>            - histomgram (simple, based on distribution)
>
>    - Improve the SciPharo/NumPha (previously SciSmalltalk) library
>    This morning we started to implement a ComponentPrincipalDecomposition by
>combining two of the
>    objects available in SciPharo.
>        Then we started to enhance the distributions to make sure that we can
>plug other distribution for having
>        controlled random number.
>
>    - Do a public call to know what is missing for you: this is this mail :)
>    Didier would like to work on concrete cases. I love that attitude
>    So tell us :)
>
>            Hernan ??
>            Alex: ?? pvalue? better distribution?
>            Vincent: covariance? CPA?
>            Philippe: times series
>            Serge R frames?
>            Sami: Better random number and various distributions?
>
>    - Organise a two day lectures with practices on concrete case in September
>with a recording session.
>    Either at IRD Bondy or Lille.
>
>    - Make sure that the Numerical Method book will get on lulu :) with a
>better cover and title :)
>

> Stef

--- End Message ---