All forms of learning involve some degree criticism, and sometimes we
learn the most from the hardest task masters.

We all want a positive community, but we need to not fall into the
trap of... "hacker forums where, out of some misguided sense of
hyper-courtesy, participants are banned from posting any fault-finding
with another's posts, and told “Don't say anything if you're unwilling
to help the user.” The resulting departure of clueful participants to
elsewhere causes them to descend into meaningless babble and become
useless as technical forums.  Exaggeratedly “friendly” (in that
fashion) or useful: Pick one.   "
[http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]

Its a balance to weave, but lets not be too quick on the trigger to
impede someone's natural flow of thoughts.  If too much burden is
imposed to craft "cheerful" criticism, we might lose its contribution
and the chance to learn.

I learnt something from Igor's post.

cheers -ben