First we should clean it, then we speed it up.

Stef

Le 4/5/16 à 15:45, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
On 04/05/16 13:43, Peter Uhnák wrote:

by a factor of at least 2,5x compared to pure Morphic (I've seen a 5x).

This doesn't mean anything. Can you please provide concrete numbers (what
you experience) and what is your expected target? Because I do not have
such problematic experience.

Thierry develops on a machine that is somewhat slower than those most
Pharo users develop on: a Celeron 2955U machine. For Pharo I'd hope to be able to reasonably do development on a Raspberry Pi2.

He is very aware of Morphic performance issues, so that factor 2.5 is
not the layout processing, as that is the same for Morphic and Spec.

We could add some Spec performance tests to jenkins/travis to see when we have regressions.

Stephan