On 07-05-16 22:04, Peter Uhnák wrote:
We question whether this belongs to AbstractWidgetModel, as only > three (TreeModel, ListModel, and TabModel (iirc)) benefit from it in
> any way.

ContainerModel, DropListModel, ImageModel, LabelModel, MenuModel,
TextModel and WindowModel.

So no.

for example keep the messages, but delegate the behavior.

That is what I was thinking about. As soon as you define drag or drop
behavior, instantiate a DragDropSpec.

The same questions also > applies to Styles (color, borderColor, borderWidth). Which I would >
prefer to remove altogether (it's not really used, and I question > whether whether it even belongs to Spec side).

Where would you like to define application style default overrides
then? People ask about this all the time, and the reason it's used so
little is because our implementation in the widgets is so bad:
very inconsistent naming and default styles ignoring overridden values

Stephan