So it looks to me like LF wins!
It may take a while and some effort, but can we agree on a three point strategy?
     1. Default CR line ending must change!
     2. Change it to LF.
     3. Default auto-conversion of "text" input to LF?
Would be so nice :)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#History
[2] https://blog.codinghorror.com/the-great-newline-schism/
[3]
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-and-canonical-partner-to-bring-ubuntu-to-windows-10/
[4]
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/03/30/ubuntu-on-windows-the-ubuntu-userspace-for-windows-developers/

cheers -ben

Anyway; this is not system-breaking problem, just annoying.

Peter