Hi,

as you maybe know, we are working on Pharo image bootstrap - the process
that can generate an image from source codes and initialize it correctly.
Because of practical reasons we do not bootstrap the standard image at once
but we are trying to bootstrap a small headless kernel image and then load
the rest of the system into it.

The good news is that we are successful in our effor. We are already able
to produce well usable images as you can test here:

https://goo.gl/fn1VbP

>From the Pharo/Squeak point of view this image is very special because it
doesn't contain any object inherited from 70's. Pharo lost its umbilical
cord.

Notice that the initial display width is too narrow and and we still need a
lot of work on the building process, but In the next weeks and months it
will change a lot the Pharo development - especially as soon as it will be
combined with Git support.

Cheers,
-- Pavel