Hi,

> On Aug 20, 2016, at 12:22 AM, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On Aug 19, 2016, at 11:55 PM, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > If you attache a certain action such as "result openInWorld” to a pragma
> > such as <interactiveExample>, it implies that when I have a different
> > resulting object that should be spawned with a different message (for
> > example, a Roassal view should be opened with "result open"), I should use
> > a different pragma. That will quickly lead to an explosion of pragmas.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >
> > I would not attach any action to a pragma, but instead let the different
> > tools decide what to do. The pragma is just used to differentiate what the
> > method execution returns:
> >
> > <example> or <exampleCode> - a code or script example - don't care about
> > the returned object.  A tool like Nautilus just provides a way to execute
> > the code ("play" - icon) nothing more.
> > <script> -  a code snippet for a more general use case (example or class
> > initialization). A tool like Nautilus just provices a way to execute the
> > code and for example, like it is now, show a growl notification with the
> > result
> > <sample> or <sampleInstance> - code to create an instance. A tool like
> > Nautilus can just provide a way to execute the code and open an inspector
> > on the result. (The inspector itself can react differently for
> > a morph -> inspectors morph tab
> > a roassal view -> inspector tab for roassal view
> > ….
>
> The inspector has the instance and can react to it. But, how can Nautilus
> know what to do without the instance? For that you would need static
> information.
>
> by the pragma name ?
>
> <example> -> execute
> <sample> -> execute and inspect
> <script> -> execute and show a growl information with the returned value.

As I understood the discussion, one issue was to associate an action that can
be specific to an object, and the example given was a morph that people might
want to interact with. This interaction would be achieved by sending
openInWorld. But, maybe I misunderstood.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com