On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 5:09 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo
<emaring...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 18/08/16 14:38, stepharo wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> In my projects I start to do the following:
>>>
>>> I create <examplar> class method that returns an prototypical instance.
>>

>> Nice. Excellent inititive. I'm not a native speaker, and <exemplar> does not
>> sound like the right name for this to me. That might be me being dutch.
>> Native speakers, is this the right name to use?
>
> Semantically it is correct, but for me, also maybe by not being a
> native English speaker, sounds weird.
>
> I'd use something like "sample". However I'll be fine with whatever
> you choose. But I'd choose something that doesn't sound weird to
> native English readers, we already have some cases of that.
>
> Regards,
>

> Esteban A. Maringolo

In the previous thread I argued against <exemplar> and for <sample>,
but I'm not so strong in my conviction to push it again :).  The
former is a little exotic, but is sufficient -- and perhaps its useful
<example> and <exemplar> sound similar with just a minor difference at
the end.

P.S. In terms of discover-ability about this difference, a passing
thought is it would be nice for newcomers to be able to hover over a
code like a pragma and get a tool tip popup.

cheers -ben