> Igor looked at Twisty seriously and I do not think that it could handle
> large cobol files.
>
>     (you see funnily denis is doing the same with Seamless - He rewrote it
> from scratch while
>     nick worked on it for several years).

Just to clarify:
Twisty was not rewrite of TxText. When Igor returned to project I already
moved to my design ideas which was opposite to Igor. And I just decided to
finish what I started with new project name.
About long files - TxText optimization needs to be implemented in Twisty.
That's all. Current design could be evolved for it.
I does not know which project is better. In Twisty I implemented my
practical needs: various kinds of editors. To approve which design is
better someone needs to implement same in TxText and compare it with
Twisty. Probably simple example of masked text could be enough.

And I must mention Seamless to clarify that Nick work is not lost. He
implemented important ideas on asynchronous data transfer which helps me a
lot. I extracted them to separate project Basys with better abstraction
which is independent from Seamless goals. It improved testability and
leaded to rest of other changes.