On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 11:10:26AM -0700, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Ben Coman wrote

Do you really want to add extra hidden (because nobody would click on a tab,
because nowhere else in the system it's like that) buttons just to save two
seconds?

> > *  Show Definition - which opens a browser on the right code

* click on the pen near top right corner, select extensions package, select
method
* select the meta tab, select a class, select extensions package, select method

Do you really need a special hidden button to maybe save two seconds on a five
second action that you rarely perform?

> > *  Create Custom Extension - which opens a dialog to create a new
> > package "MyGTExtensions" and/or select an existing package, specify an
> > identifier and choose a template  that is created and Browser opened.

Why not just open a browser and add a method? You can protocolize the method
with two clicks or a shortcut, and it's already part of the system.

Unless you plan on writing two hundred extensions, you are really not going to
save anything, because you spend most of the time actually implementing it and
not bootstrapping it. (At least that's my experience after writing 20 or 30
extensions).

Another tip that I tend to use:
* open spotter, type #gtInsp, press ctrl + m (to select implementors), enable
live preview (if you haven't already), look around for inspiration

(just to be clear... I am not strictly against adding it, but it feels like it
add another hidden feature (that's undiscoverable) for very little benefit)

Peter