Peter Uhnak wrote
> Do you really want to... just to save two seconds?

Of course not!

Peter Uhnak wrote
> that's my experience after writing 20 or 30 extensions

And there's the source of the misunderstanding. Notice the key word in the
original request was /discoverability/ i.e. for specifically for new people
who /haven't/ written 20 or 30 extensions, or even 1! You did suggest in
your answer that you don't think it's very discoverable because it's still
hidden, but it seems more discoverable than the current knowledge
repositories - brains of experts, blog posts, and the help system - because
it's much closer to hand. Maybe we should put a link to the help system
there instead...

-----
Cheers,
Sean