Hi Sven,

LMDB is a lean, mean and very fast storage engine. One limitation is that
you need a 64bit proces before you can store more than 2GB of data. That
was a downside for me until very recently :-)

LMDB is a low level key-value storage engine that runs on a single host.
But if that is what you are looking for it seems pretty good. I haven't
used it in any production systems yet. But it is used as a storage engine
in quite a few open source projects. For example OpenLDAP.

Jan.