Hi Andrei,

> Hi Thierry,
>
> Indeed that's the simplest option now that we are using fast table.
>
> Just now in the case of the Raw view an OrderedCollection is used to store
> all displayed elements.
> If you display large collections every time you open the Raw view it will
> instantiate a collection of size 100k and instantiate 100k objects of
> type GTInspectorIndexedNode. With FastTable we can lazily load elements so
> we should be able to remove this behaviour and the limit. Just we need to
> make sure it will play nicely with automatic refresh. There is also the
> issue that when expanding an element in the tree if it's a collection you
> don't want to expand all elements.

I'm not sure you need to worry too much about that one; in practical
experiments, creating that 100k collection for viewing (and the associated
nodes instances) isn't too costly (unless creating the
GTInspectorIndexedNodes has hidden costs: I've only experimented with the
EyeInspector framework).

Opening the tree with all elements works fine in my experiments. Tuning
scrolling as done in Bloc is necessary, however.

> I'm looking now on a lazy data source for FastTable that plays nicely with
> GTInspector. Let's see how it will go. Help is always welcomed :)

As I said: do not overoptimize that part... just remove that limitation on
the raw view and measure.

> I think I used the word paginator in the wrong way. If you have a very
> large collection (millions of elements) I do not want to scroll through
> elements but most likely jump to a certain element or view just a subset of
> all elements. Not really add a paginator like in web pages.

Ok, millions of elements is a bit out of my scope... I'll look for
filtering then.

Regards,

Thierry