> Isn't it a bit too late for such a change? Might break projects that
> expect configurations to be present.

I do not think so. We do not have configurations for the system itself
(well, we have them in an external repository but they are not update since
switch to baselines). They are used only for the actively maintained
semi-external projects like GT, QA, Epicea, Zinc etc. However even in that
case they are sometimes out-of-sync with the upstream.

Most users of such configurations are using the upstream configurations. If
some one is using wrongly the versions in Pharo, he uses reference to the
Pharo repository where the configurations will still be present.

Cheers,
-- Pavel