>> On 28 Jun 2017, at 18:21, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> And if I only want to contribute by reviewing a fix. Do I have to go the
>> git-path ?
>> Or is there a way to just start up an image and load and review the
>> change?
>>

>> right now, you can review by going to github and seeing.
>> I will add a “PR tool” to view/load PRs into an image, but that’s not
>> ready. If someone wants to take a hit on it… the idea is to extend the
>> github plugin with it :)
>>
>> cheers!
>> Esteban
>>

> Anyone got this working on windows (32) ?
> I followed this guide, enabled the ssh key setting for iceberg.
> But I still got the error :
>
> Image: Pharo7.0SNAPSHOT [Latest update: #0]
>
> LGitReturnCodeEnum>>handleLGitReturnCode
>     Receiver: a LGitReturnCodeEnum(#git_error [-1])
>     Arguments and temporary variables:
>         handler:     LGit_GIT_ERROR
>     Receiver's instance variables:
>         value:     -1
>

> LGitRepository(LGitExternalObject)>>withReturnHandlerDo:
>     Receiver: a LGitRepository (<not initialized>)
>     Arguments and temporary variables:
>         callBlock:     [ self
>     clone: self
>     url: aString
>     local_path: aFileReference pathSt...etc...
>     Receiver's instance variables:
>         handle:     @ 16r00000000
>         repositoryPath:     File @ pharo-core
>         isOpen:     nil
>         workingDirectory:     nil
>

> LGitRepository>>clone:options:to:
>     Receiver: a LGitRepository (<not initialized>)
>     Arguments and temporary variables:
>         aString:     'g...@github.com:pharo-project/pharo.git'
>         cloneOptions:     a LGitCloneOptions ()
>         aFileReference:     File @ pharo-core
>     Receiver's instance variables:
>         handle:     @ 16r00000000
>         repositoryPath:     File @ pharo-core
>         isOpen:     nil
>         workingDirectory:     nil
>

> And finally after some more tries, the vm crashed
> (crash.dmp attached).
>
> If this only happens on windows, what else would be an option to start
> with contributing for pharo 7 ?

maybe I am doing something wrong ? I thought this should work now with the
latest vm (and libgit)?
It is still crashing for me.

[31mPrimitiveFailed: primitive #allocate: in ExternalAddress class failed
[0mExternalAddress class(Object)>>primitiveFailed:
ExternalAddress class(Object)>>primitiveFailed
ExternalAddress class>>allocate:
LGitRemoteCallbacks class(FFIExternalStructure class)>>externalNew
LGitRemoteCallbacks class(LGitStructWithDefaults class)>>defaults
LGitRemoteCallbacks class>>defaults
LGitRemoteCallbacks class>>withProvider:
LGitCloneOptions class>>withCredentialsProvider:
[ | repo cloneOptions |
repo := LGitRepository on: self location.
cloneOptions := LGitCloneOptions
    withCredentialsProvider: IceCredentialsProvider default.
repo clone: url options: cloneOptions.
aBranchName ifNotNil: [ repo checkout: aBranchName ].
(LGitRemote of: repo named: 'origin')
    lookup;
    setUrl: url ] in IceLibgitLocalRepository>>cloneRepositoryFrom:branch:
in Block: [ | repo cloneOptions |...
[ self checkInitialized.
[...]
aBlock value ] in LGitGlobal class>>runSequence: in Block: [ self
checkInitialized....
[ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
aBlock value ] in LGitActionSequence(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in
Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
LGitActionSequence(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
LGitActionSequence class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
LGitGlobal class>>runSequence:
IceLibgitLocalRepository>>cloneRepositoryFrom:branch:
IceRepositoryCreator>>createRepository
UndefinedObject>>DoIt

VM windows 32 bit:
CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2252 uuid:
2f3e9b0e-ecd3-4adf-b092-cce2e2587a5c Jul 10 2017
StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2252 uuid:
2f3e9b0e-ecd3-4adf-b092-cce2e2587a5c Jul 10 2017
VM: 201707101916 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $
Date: Mon Jul 10 12:16:58 2017 -0700 $ Plugins: 201707101916