Hi Norbert,

I manage some of my projects already in GitHub. For example Tealight which is
also in catalog.

Anything you have to do is
1) to create a "tag" in git  (see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18216991/create-a-tag-in-github-repository),
 I name the tags with the according version number like 0.0.2 following
semantic versioning (http://semver.org)
2) provide a ConfigurationOf (as you had in the past) where the "version"
references the "git tag" with the same name
             a) also #stable has to point to the "version" as it was in the past
  optional:  b) the #development should point to the Baseline in the git branch
that you typically use for development (this allows for loading of bleeding
edge as before)
3) upload the Configuration to a MetaRepo as before to appear in catalog

Example:
=======
 1) I have two tagged versions for Tealight on Git (0.0.1 and 0.0.2)
    https://github.com/astares/Tealight/releases

 2) In my ConfigurationOfTealight (which I also manage in git) I reference the
tag, for example in version 0.0.2 I reference the tag with the same name
"github://astares/Tealight:0.0.2/repository":
    See
https://github.com/astares/Tealight/blob/master/repository/ConfigurationOfTealight.package/ConfigurationOfTealight.class/instance/v0_0_2..st

    Side note: a) now you can use your #stable definition in the
ConfigurationOf as before
https://github.com/astares/Tealight/blob/master/repository/ConfigurationOfTealight.package/ConfigurationOfTealight.class/instance/stable..st
               b) Your #development definition should point to the master
branch (or whatever the development branch is)

https://github.com/astares/Tealight/blob/master/repository/ConfigurationOfTealight.package/ConfigurationOfTealight.class/instance/development..st

https://github.com/astares/Tealight/blob/master/repository/ConfigurationOfTealight.package/ConfigurationOfTealight.class/instance/dev..st

 3)
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo60/packages/ConfigurationOfTealight

Iceberg is managed in a similar way (but is now included in the image and the
catalog part is only for compatibility).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Torsten