On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 5:11 PM, Peter Uhnák <i.uh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> @Cyril
>
> I don't know if it should be in the SettingBrowser since Pharo currently
>> comes with only one menu (if someone know how to implement a new one it
>> will be easy for him to find the option to change the pragma of the
>> MenuBarMorph), but the pragma should be parametrizable in any case.
>

> Adding a new pragma is not a problem, you can use whatever name you want
> (see e.g. worldMenuExample pragma), but there is no way to tell Pharo to
> use this instead of the default one.
>

> I don't know if it should be in the SettingBrowser since Pharo currently comes
>> with only one menu
>

> Oh, never mind. I just found out that this is already in place, in
> WorldState class>>desktopMenuPragmaKeyword:. I don't know how I managed
> to miss this in the past.
> So if the new menu bar just uses this (WorldState
> class>>discoveredMenuPragmaKeyword),
> or uses a similar mechanism (so the menus can differ, which would be also
> nice), then all is well.

Well, actually we are right now doing this:

open
"self open"

self new
menuBarItems: WorldState new menuBuilder menuSpec items;
open.

So the menu bar uses the menuBuilder used by the system, which is hiding
the pragma and everything from us :)

> I'll rephrase, we have ideas to manage all those problems but how do we
>> implement it? Currently there is no widget to do that and sadly we don't
>> have enough time to create them :(
>

> I don't know about menu morph, but the bottom menu can handle overflow,
> can that be used for the time-being?

Well, one thing is to overflow like the bottom bar (growing so all items
fit). But I'd like to have a solution (now for this iteration) where
overflowing items are hidden and shown in a "..." button or a hamburguer
button.

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer