Yes, also the project is MIT so… anyone has the right to take it and use
it/modify it/etc. with the only constraint of mention all the contributors.

But anyway, for me the most important question is: How far are we to provide
good FFI bindings to a security library (like openssl or/and others) that will
allow us to escape this situation? I really prefer not to have a hard to
maintain solution that will also annoy the original authors who put its code in
MIT but didn’t realise the implications of it.

Esteban