Mariano wrote:
>So...if you take a Core 11367 and load the metacellol version, it will
>work perfect.

But wouldn't that mean we should have a "1.1-beta1.11367" in the config?

>That's not broken.

Yes, the '1.1-beta1.10517' still works with the core 11367 image.

But if you update it to a Core 11372 first and then use
the ConfigurationOfPharo (1.1-beta1.10517) it is broken.

>How can you assure that for any core version the same metacello version can
>work on it?  That's impossible.

Yes. So the question is which core image is the base for Pharo 1.1.
(10517, 11367, ...)?

I would do:
 - a feature freeze for the core or pick a stable core
   so we have a stable 1.1 base to build the dev-image upon
 - adopt the config and loaded packages until they work on this core
 - test, test, test

>I can update it, but if noone fixes Nile...

I think the Nile problem is related to the traits problem introduced
between core 11367 and core 11372. Since Stef already found the
problem I asked if we get a fix in an upcoming 11373 so
building the dev-image may work again.

So currently we dont have a broken configuration but a broken core.

Bye
T.