On 09/08/2010 11:45 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
+ 1
If someone could look at simpleLog (because we need to change this situation
and get a good logging mechanism)
We need much better infrastructure.... and we will build them.

I wrote SimpleLog (in the Gjallar project) and feel free to pick/use it - it is small and maps easily to Syslog (I copied the levels that syslog has) and also has a syslog emitter which is *very* nice when you build Seaside apps and want to run multiple images with a load balancer in front for example.

There are several logging libs but... well, I think SimpleLog strikes a nice balance of functionality and simplicity.

regards, Göran