Hi all,

Thank you for the discussion, is very interesting for me.

Thanks Adrian, I don't have benchmarks with ImageSegment, so I like to
see the numbers, how could I reproduce that benchmarks? it would be
useful for me.

I think that ImageSegment is the best if fits the needs. Maybe if in a
future we implement using primitives some things it could be more
comparable. As someones said, Fuel is more similar to Parcels, in fact
we started working based on this paper:
http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/papers/Mira05aParcels.pdf

About if "objects are much more times loaded than stored", yes... Fuel
is not the universal serialization solution, but I believe it could be
useful in some cases.

Beside of the speed, I think that is also important the "user
experience" part of the purpose ("is worth to spend time while storing
in order to have faster loading and user experience"), in the sense of
giving more features that makes easier the life of the developer to
share their object structures.

Maybe Fuel could give more flexibility than ImageSegment to select
which objects of the graph store and which not. It could let the user
define custom rules.

For example if FuelFameExtension is installed, when Fuel stores an
object first looks at the Fame metadescription of that object and then
only stores the "not derived attributes" of that object. That was
necessary to export and import properly Moose models.

Martin