Sorry Fernando,
The question is can we remove a level of indirection ?
And to answer this, you have to consider these other questions:
- what was the purpose of this level of indirection ?
- do we still need it or not ?
I don't feel like your yes/no answer is satisfying, please give more
ellaborated arguments.

Nicolas