Hi:

For the others, I am currently adapting the benchmarking infrastructure used
for Pinocchio to be a bit more general, and enable me to integrate our RoarVM
benchmarking tools.
The goal is to have a framework that allows all kind of benchmarking, written
like unit tests.
One other idea Henrik was interested in is to be able to easily compare the
benchmark results of different versions of method-implementations, to see
whether optimizations were successful.

Camillo, even so I don't have a working version yet, I was trying to commit my
refactoring (perhaps for review).
However, the PinocchioVM project seems to be 'global readonly'.

Would it be better to make it a stand-alone project?
When we go with that step, as already mentioned, I would like to rename it.

PBenchmark is a name that might prevent adoption. Not that I would like to go
into politics here, but perhaps we can consider a new name.

Since the general idea is to write benchmarks like unit tests, how about
'SMark'/'SBench' instead of 'SUnit'?

Best regards
Stefan

PS:

One thing, we might want to use as a source of inspiration in the future is:
http://code.google.com/p/caliper/

Thats a microbenchmark framework for Java, also using the unit-testing metaphor.
There @Param is also neat
(http://code.google.com/p/caliper/source/browse/trunk/examples/src/main/java/examples/ArraySortBenchmark.java)
 and allows to encode input sizes for which the benchmarks should be executed.
That is something I am not to interested in, but in case the framework finds
adoption that might be something to keep in mind.

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab