On Sep 4, 2011, at 1:53 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> On 4 September 2011 12:18, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr>
>> wrote:

>>> sure we did not break it on purpose just lack of documentation.
>>
>> I did not say that.
>
> I know :)
>
>> It is kind of surprising not to notice all the
>> #shoutAboutToStyle: everywhere that are suddenly not used anymore :-/
>
> learning is difficult when you have to learn too many things at once.
> You take the first actions that works and since it works your mental model
> does not push you
> to look for a better solution. Now with the help that alain is preparing then
> we will just read it, say ahhahah ok and behave correctly.
>

>>> Now my point is that may be in addition the default behavior should be not
>>> to style.
>>> else we will have to put a aboutToStyle to any model that do not care about
>>> shoutatall.
>>
>> Not to style was the default behavior of Shout.
>
> ah ok.
> I do not understand then why the inspector shouts some unwanted text. I will
> have a look during one boring meetings one of these
> day.

The inspector is shouted because the "not to shout" was the default behavior of
Shout, but now,

okToStyle
        self shoutEnabled
                ifFalse: [^ false].
        (model respondsTo: #shoutAboutToStyle:)
                ifFalse: [^true].
        ^model shoutAboutToStyle: self

the bold part make the default behavior "to shout".

So maybe this value should be changed. But let's wait for Alain explanation :)

Ben