>> No, #shoutEnabled returning true makes it enabled.
>
> shoutEnabled return true if Shout classes are installed in the system.

This is a bug then.

#okToStyle should never be called when Shout is not installed.

#shoutEnabled returns true, if the model might request highlighting. I
suggested Alain to remove it, I don't think it was ever used.

> (model respondsTo: #shoutAboutToStyle:)
>        ifFalse: [^true].
>
> which shout the text if the model do not know #shoutAboutToStyle:

No. The interaction is different:

1. TextMorph changes its contents.
2. TextMorph notifies its styler withe the morph and its model that
there might be the need to style.
3. The styles does whatever it wants to do:
  - The null styler might ignore the request.
  - The ShoutStyler calls #shoutAboutToStyle: on the model to ask if
and how to style (earlier versions also called #okToStyle before they
called #shoutAboutToStyle:).
  - The ShoutStyler might also decide to auto format the text. I
believe earlier versions of Shout could do that.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch