On 28 January 2012 22:06, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernan...@edu.ge.ch> wrote:
> May be it is time to forget about the image, I mean the name of the
> image and change for something else, more in the proximal learning zone
> of programmer. It is not an image we have, it is a data base of object,
> and we are programming on this object data base.

Hmm.. when i started with smalltalk, it was pretty obvious to me from
the very starting
that an image is a bunch of dead bytes, and there's not much you can
do with it at that level.

Apparently people should not use "image" as as interchange product
between project teams.

As for scale.. monticello scales well.
And if you scale to something huge (200 people) , your main problem
will be to organize a process,
and establish a rules.
People were doing huge projects without SCMs in the past.. so it think
organizing large projects is more depending on social organization
rather than on technical limitations of tools they will use.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.