Otto,

This looks very interesting! Since you are still using Monticello, I think it
should be very straightforward to add the file tree repository type to
Metacello as a starting point, although I'm sure that more support is needed
than just that..

I am in the middle of working on the next release for Metacello, so now is a
good time to integrate smallsource support into Metacello, please drop me a
line and give me your thoughts on the direction you think things need to go...

Dale