On 31 January 2012 15:59, Otto Behrens <o...@finworks.biz> wrote:
> I was wondering more if it is possible to do without having a file
> system checkout of the class definition. In other words, if the class
> definition in the image could serve as the working copy of the object
> in the git repository. I must read more on what the other guys did
> with the git interfaces (such as gitfs and gitosis) to understand what
> it comes down to.
>
> If this is possible, it would make merging, loading and committing
> essentially one step.

Have you seen what Camillo did?
http://www.squeaksource.com/FSGit
https://github.com/dh83/fs-git-test

Note the layout with class comment in a README file, etc :)

There is a also nearly working implementation of the git network
protocol (stubbed using the git binaries ATM).

> The disadvantage could be a tight coupling with git.

is that really a disadvantage, compared to a tight coupling with monticello?

--
Damien Pollet