This is interesting.  I am seeing images with behavior that should have not
been saved, but was, *and* sometimes oddly flashing cursors and debuggers not
opening.  Where there's smoke, there's fire??

Bill

From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] on behalf of Ben Coman
[b...@openinworld.com]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 12:42 PM
To: Pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: [Pharo-project] Debugger hanging... was Re: 1.4 - better from  Jenkins

While I was working towards implementing
DosFileDirectory>>preferencesFolder & >>preferencesGeneralFolder
I was stepping through: SmalltalkImage>>snapshot:andQuit:
did a: <Restart>
and then stepped down to:  Cursor write show
at which point the debugger hung the image.

Now I guess theres an equal chance this is not really an issue as
something "special" might be happening here straddling the save point.
Just thought I would report it for review.

To reproduce on non-Windows you could probably set preferencesFolder &
preferencesGeneralFolder on your platform to self shouldBeImplemented
and proceed from the debugger that comes up.

SmalltalkImage>>snapshot: save andQuit: quit
    | snapshotResult resuming startupErrors |
    Object flushDependents.
    Object flushEvents.
    self addSnapshotRecord: save andQuit: quit.
    self processShutDownList: quit.
    Cursor write show.   <--------Image Hangs Here after a <Restart> of
the method while debugging following a resume..

cheers, -ben