On 13 February 2012 12:55, Henrik Johansen <henrik.s.johan...@veloxit.no> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2012, at 6:42 PM, Ben Coman wrote:
>
>> While I was working towards implementing DosFileDirectory>>preferencesFolder
>> & >>preferencesGeneralFolder
>> I was stepping through: SmalltalkImage>>snapshot:andQuit: did a: <Restart>
>> and then stepped down to:  Cursor write show
>> at which point the debugger hung the image.
>>
>> Now I guess theres an equal chance this is not really an issue as something
>> "special" might be happening here straddling the save point.  Just thought I
>> would report it for review.
>>
>> To reproduce on non-Windows you could probably set preferencesFolder &
>> preferencesGeneralFolder on your platform to self shouldBeImplemented and
>> proceed from the debugger that comes up.
>>
>> SmalltalkImage>>snapshot: save andQuit: quit
>>   | snapshotResult resuming startupErrors |
>>   Object flushDependents.
>>   Object flushEvents.
>>   self addSnapshotRecord: save andQuit: quit.
>>   self processShutDownList: quit.
>>   Cursor write show.   <--------Image Hangs Here after a <Restart> of the
>> method while debugging following a resume..
>>
>> cheers, -ben
>
> IIRC, the InputEventSensor is deregistered as part of shutdown, if so, that
> would indeed lead to a non-responsive image at that point. (In the sense that
> the thing that processes input is no longer there)

Well, its #shutDown method is empty.
But still, i think you have right insight.

Because there is enough of Delay>>shutDown to stop everything, because
most stuff using delays , including UI process.
----
shutDown
        "Suspend the active delay, if any, before snapshotting. It will be
reactived when the snapshot is resumed."
        "Details: This prevents a timer interrupt from waking up the active
delay in the midst snapshoting, since the active delay will be
restarted when resuming the snapshot and we don't want to process the
delay twice."

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.