On 04/24/2012 07:25 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
Igor
I completely agree and I propose to write a literal array platform independent
parser
but I gave up because this is discussion was emotional like
let us JSON to attract people to Smalltalk wonderful idea.

I think that it is stupid to use another syntax for storing meta-data.

And yet again I point to Tirade :)

http://goran.krampe.se/blog/Squeak/Tirade.rdoc
http://goran.krampe.se/blog/Squeak/Tirade2.rdoc
http://goran.krampe.se/blog/Squeak/Tirade3.rdoc

Especially Tirade2 above shows a bit about size (4 classes, 500 loc) speed and portability. Tirade is basically a parser for Smalltalk messages that only are allowed to use literals as arguments (although arbitrarily nested literals).

Which is exactly what Stef describes + a bit more. :)

regards, Göran