Igor Stasenko wrote:
On 24 April 2012 11:54, Dale Henrichs<dhenr...@vmware.com>  wrote:
Stef,

There is no Parser class and there is no Compiler class. There is a primitive
call that takes method source, class, methodDictionary, etc. and produces a
method installed in the methodDictionary.

so you can take 1st literal from such method and you done. or you
cannot access method's literals?
it of course not as simple as parsing the source, but if you cannot
avoid compilation..

... JSON is and was a pragmatic choice...

well, i did not realized that GemStone have no own parser/compiler
written in smalltalk.

Neither does Amber in deploy mode, unless I am mistaken.

Why do you ever think there must be a Smalltalk parser in any Smalltalk? You get used to it, I understand, but it is by no means a required thing. Smalltalk is Smalltalk without parser as well.

JSON is great choice. Much better than anything proprietary, because of world-wide interoperability.

Herby