Hilaire Fernandes wrote

> To get the animation, you have to enclose the loop in a forked process,
> but it is inelegant:
> [1 to: 300 do: [:x |
>       m extent: x@300.
>       (Delay forMilliseconds: 10) wait.
> ].
> m delete] fork.

Hilaire, why don't you like this? It seems very straightforward. You're
doing a long-running operation and you want another thread to run
concurrently. Fork seems like the natural choice.

The only other issue is #addDeferredUIMessage: which Guille mentioned. I'm
unclear exactly what kinds of Morphic interaction require it and haven't
been able to get a clear answer. Your sample block doesn't seem to hurt
morphic, but if you experience weirdness (like red X's), that's probably
where to look.

Sean