On 1 August 2012 14:57, John McIntosh <john...@smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> A few years back the interpreted virtual machine was fixed to allow an image
> to grow to the 4 GB limit.
> It is unclear to me if someone regressed the software to impose a 2GB limit
> again, or if the 2GB number
> mentioned is based on how things worked10 years ago?

John, it is mainly about windows VM , where the limit is hardcoded to
512MB of virtual memory.
I don't remember what exactly Andreas said about it, but he strongly
does not recommends to go over that limit.
(I played with the limit and tried a VM with 1GB limit.. it works
fine, but i didn't tested it with images whose size is close to it)
and maybe 2GB will work as well, but i haven't tried it.