Hi John,

There is no regression in the interpreter VM ... well actually there was
about 6 months back, but I keep an eye on it and it's fixed again now :)

The 32-bit interpreter VM will not fail on any 2GB or 4BG boundaries,
and an interpreter VM compiled for the 64-bit object format can handle
images greater than 7GB (probably much more, but my 8GB PC is too small
to do anything larger).

I'm not sure if all of the necessary fixes are in place for the StackVM
and Cog. If not, I'm sure it will be addressed over time (it's just not
something that I have ever checked).

I believe that Jannik is interested in running very large images, at
least on an experimental basis. For anything over a few GB, this requires
an interpreter VM and a 64-bit image. As you know, this is sure to run
into problems for the garbage collector as the number of objects
increases, but it would certainly be interesting to see how far the
current garbage collector can go in real world conditions before it
turns to mollasses.

Dave