I think all this topic should be quite easy. It should be similar to OB
"scope".
All refactors like method rename affects everything if the scope is the
default. If you want to affect only a class/package do a "Browse scoped" to
a class/package. And then the refactors should only affect that. Of course,
we should explain this somewhere in Pharo doc.
I think this is quite easy and enough for most cases.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com