Hi all,

I just want to add another thought to the convention discussion.

In my work process I have two different activities when deploying new code:
        1) I want to deploy a patch, that only includes the bugfix.
        2) I want to deploy a release, that includes all updates.

In the first I usually do not want to upgrade dependencies. If dependencies
need upgrading I want to make this decision manually.

In the second I usually want to upgrade dependencies. If dependencies need
upgrading this should be done automatically.

Metacello supports both, but not at the same time. Either you mark your
configuration with fixed versions (best for patches) or with symbolic versions
(best for releases).

Currently we have a baseline, a version, and groups that I can edit. I think I
want a third thing: the deployment, where I describe certain deployment
strategies. So that I can say:
        ConfigurationOfMyProject project stableVersion patch load
        ConfigurationOfMyProject project stableVersion loadRelease
or something like this.

Cheers,
Diego