Norbert wrote:
>First grey out things and the expert can switch them off to make disabled
>entries invisible.

That's not what experts do, btw. Expert menu behavior is based on muscle
memory.
Things always being in the same place is crucial. As well as predictable delays
for
submenus, consistent width & height of the menus.

Options are evil from a usability pov

I took a detailed look: Nautilus menu items are not as tall as the other menus?
That makes
them difficult to use, muscle memory fails here.
"Add Matching Packages as Groups and Browse" is definitely too long. Any
suggestions
for a shorter text?

A 2-dimensional menu (circle menu) would work better here, where the number of
elements is so high. Currently, the mouse travel distance is too large

Camillo wrote:
>In the end, for most pro users, and by that I rely on my experience with very
>complex 3D software,
>menus are mostly there to learn the shortcuts. That means they do not have to
>be super navigable
>(e.g. one big list) but logically structured (e.g. submenus).

That could be a reversal of cause and effect. I've seen too many complex old
systems where the
old dos menu structure was simply moved to a context menu. That does not work
at all.

Stephan