"would it not be better to have the html / css and js code outside the
image ? so instead to load files instead of return strings ? "

*GET: '/index.html' -> [ self openspaceHtml ];  *

can be modified to:

*GET: '/index.html' -> [ self  fetch: 'html/openspace.html' ];  *

and the *fetch:* method can be coded to return the file statically
stored..   ( increase efficiency by using a cache with change detection on
say filesize / timestamp )