Hi all,
is there any difference between -vm-display-null and --no-display (and
using both)?

I used this command to successfully run a Seaside app on a headless
Linux server, with a standard Pharo VM (not the Squeak one from the
repositories):

./pharo-vm/pharo \
    -vm-display-null \
    -vm-sound-null \
    --plugins ./pharo-vm \
    --encoding utf8 \
    ./image/Seaside.image \
    --no-quit

Or, to run a script at startup to initialize the app/server:

./pharo-vm/pharo \
    -vm-display-null \
    -vm-sound-null \
    --plugins ./pharo-vm \
    --encoding utf8 \
    ./image/Seaside.image \
    st ./startServer.st \
    --no-quit

Apart from running it under a limited user/group, it is also possible to
chroot it for an extra security measure.

Michal