On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 09:29:34AM +0100, Michal Balda wrote:
> is there any difference between -vm-display-null and --no-display (and
> using both)?

Not sure what is the latest but in the VMs/images that I run, no-display meant
that some display initialization is bypassed, so VNC into Pharo won't work,
while vm-display-null allows VNC, which is how I am managing my image. I wrote
some old blog posts on this, I think.

Here's my daemontools run file that is running my Pharo-powered blog:

  #!/bin/sh
  /usr/bin/setuidgid app1 \
    /pkg/pharovm/pharo -vm-display-none -vm-sound-none app1.image

"app1" is the uid/gid pair that I run the service on. This is on Ubuntu Trusty.
Used to be FreeBSD, and if I ever have the time to get Pharo VM and NativeBoost
run on FreeBSD, I may go back.

--
Pierce
http://www.samadhiweb.com/blog