Jigyasa,  Just to check I got these additional details right from our chat
on IRC:
* you wanted to save PharoLauncher with certain web proxy setting
* the Ubuntu 14.04 PharoLauncher package was based on Pharo 3
* you got what you needed using PharoLauncher Pharo 4

So you are fine now.

Maybe its something that needs a look anyway, or with Pharo 4 Release
imminent, just look at OS packaging being updated to Pharo 4 PharoLauncher.

cheers -ben