ah, couple of things more (out of ps :P)

I do believe Spotter will play a fundamental role in the enhancement of our
IDE, but I was also thinking on some kind of “emacs style menus”, in the sense
of some guiding menus that you open with a key and you have an idea of which
options you look. This could also be something integrated in the spotter in the
way unity of ubuntu is going (you type “save” and you have the options, etc.)
Anyway… nothing that I found the time to test for the moment, but I will.

And none of this options will heal our “windowitis” decease… and honestly I do
not have any idea how we can enhance that. To hide infinite windows into
infinite tabs (or buffers) does not feels like the correct solution for me (I
remember beck in my java days, I sually kept more than 20 tabs open all the
time… same with browsers here in pharo, but now I also open inspectors,
playgrounds and debuggers… so… is a complicated issue).

Or maybe I’m wrong, and maybe just reducing the visual contamination is already
a big step forward… who knows. Actually, we will not know until we try it… just
saying “no” is not a very constructive opinion.

But in that case, the question is “who will bell the cat” :)

Esteban