As far as I looked, only two rounding methods are center and aboveCenter
(which has no senders in my image by the way and I do not even see purpose
of it)... all other (like leftCenter) are getting value from mentioned self
center.

So, the easiest way seems to subclass Rectangle and make something like
Precise/Float/NotRounded/I'mNotVeryGoodAtNaming Rectangle
which will have just these two methods different, so there will be also this
PreciseRectangle which is not rounding down, but original one stays
unchanged.

However, the rounding seems to me like an extension/addition/subtype of
general rectangle and I think that it should not be default behavior of
something called just Rectangle, it should be more like Rectangle (not
rounded) with subclass IntegerRectangle or something like that. I know,
there are many senders right now which are dependent on the rounding, but I
just think it should not be like that, or should it?

Jan

abergel wrote