Hi,

On 23/12/15 08:23, Saša Janiška wrote:
On Sri, 2015-12-23 at 20:01 +0800, Pierce Ng wrote:

For now I'm not bothered about integrating Fossil as a Pharo VCS
though. I just use Monticello.
Is Monticello good-enough for collaboration with smaller team of devs?

Yes, if you work only with Smalltalk code.

About my uses of fossil and Pharo, my project, grafoscopio[1], uses Pharo for building a interactive documentation and data visualization environment with a tree like metaphor, and fossil as the DVCS for controlling all external artifacts to the image, including persistent document objects in STON[2], pandoc's markdown[3], latex and pdf and also graphics, figures. There is no explicit bridge between them right now in my project (which is pretty alpha), I just export from the image and keep my repos in sync from the command shell, but works fine for now. In a computing monoculture of overcomplex ways of doing programming and DVCS is refreshing to find a community where alternative ideas like Pharo and fossil and listened and used.

[1] http://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/index.en.html
[2] https://github.com/svenvc/ston/blob/master/ston-paper.md
[3] http://pandoc.org/README.html#pandocs-markdown

Cheers,