Le 2/1/16 22:51, Saša Janiška a écrit :
Hello,

I'm looking how to build GUI app with Pharo and today found out
screenshot of Lawsuit Tracker (http://smallworks.eu/web/projects/lawsuit
Tracker) which very much resembles 'typical' desktop/business
application. The web site says: "It is made using Pharo, Glamour,
Magritte and MongoDB." and in my case I'd replace MongoDB with Sqlite3,
have need for more grpahical output - something like:

http://saravali.de/screenshots.html

but wonder about other components and whether they (Glamour/Magritte)
are still relevant *today* ?

Yes Synectique is building a lot of interfce with Glamour.
Yes Magritte is relevant now the Morphic binding may not work.

What I can tell you is that Pharo is **really** productive.
I suggest you to jump and get the feel for real.
Then do an analysis of pro and cons.
Doing that in the air is just doing it in the air.

Otoh, today I was re-reading some stuff about Julia language which looks
as fine langauge, but it does not fit on one psotcard, although it
provides more "classical" way of developing: editor+REPL along with
Gtk(.jl) bindings.

The language does perform very well, iow. it's quite fast which is good
for my project, but it's a bit cumbersome since there is no support to
compile end application, while it looks that Pharo has advantage here
providing smoother way of deployment (multi-platform wise).

Any hint?