> On 05 Jan 2016, at 3:20 , Hilaire <hila...@drgeo.eu> wrote:
>
> Le 05/01/2016 14:38, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
>> The problem can does also be restated: it is really necessary for a tool to
>> convert 1000s of items to strings, even if only 10s are shown at the same
>> time on a screen ?
>>
>> I believe that fast table tries to do better here.
> But I need to show 1000s of them once, all in the same view, at the same
> time.
>
> Hilaire

I think Sven was referring to opening an inspector, where you usually only see
10-20 items in a list at once, even if the total number of items is much larger.
The new FastTable/List/Tree/WhateverItsCalled are much better suited for this,
instead of creating the 1500 Strings that can potentially be shown before even
opening the inspector, it creates the 20 or so that will actually be shown,
then generates the rest as you scroll.

Cheers,
Henry