Combining several replies in to one...

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 08:06:26AM +0200, stepharo wrote:
> Le 13/4/16 06:48, John Pfersich a écrit :
> >
> > > On Apr 12, 2016, at 10:51, Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The Arch Linux model seems pretty good to me.  Official packages are in
> > > the core or extra repositories, which matches what is included in the
> > > Pharo image.  The next level is a community repository, which contains
> > > packages maintained by Trusted Users.  General users can be confident
> > > that these packages will be kept up to date.  The last level is the User
> > > Repository (AUR), which anyone can contribute to.  The AUR includes a
> > > comment section and vote count, and general users can add or remove
> > > their vote.
> > I'd like to see something like this too.
> >

> us too
>     first you have some pharo extras packages
>     second favor package with tests
>     third we have been working on quality rules and quality rule false
> positive management
>     so you can run the tests and run the rules
>

>     now we will start to work on package validation to produce a kind of
> "validated" distribution of pharo packages.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and welcome messages.

It looks like I need to learn more about:

* The catalogue browser
* Montacello / git integration
* Finding the automated tests for a given package

Between that and the improvements mentioned above we seem to be in
pretty good shape.  I still like the idea of a vote button as it gives a
rough indication of usefulness / popularity.  Of course I should
actually contribute some code instead of just pontificating...

Thanks!
Alistair