because that is how styling works, you define how the GUI should look
instead of opting for a generic look and because if you dont decide for the
font size , user is unlikely that will bother with setting and options

he probably end up saying

"No thanks, next please"

Of course that does not mean you should not give users some freedom of
choice.

Yuriy I see now your point and I agree, an API that makes it easy to style
your GUI is more than welcomed indeed. Of course that have made me wonder
that maybe is better to take my GUI to something like bootstrap or QT and
leave Pharo for the logic stuff.